Kang and Company has 70 years of combined legal experience in a multi-disciplinary practice with emphasis on criminal law, family law, immigration and human rights law. We work with a diverse clientele, including marginalized new immigrants. Ajeet Kaur Kang and Narindar Singh Kang were appointed Queen’s Counsel by Lieutenant-Governor in Council in 2014 and 2016 respectively, on recommendation of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice of British Columbia.
Narindar is a former Board Member at the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (2002-2007) and was the recipient of the Head of the Public Service Award from the Government of Canada in 2003.
Ajeet is a former provincial and federal Crown prosecutor. Ajeet has served on the board of directors of CORSA, a non-profit organization assisting South Asian youth. Ajeet is also a former Governor of Law Foundation of British Columbia, an organization that funds programs and projects throughout B.C. that benefit the public in the following areas: legal education, legal research, legal aid, law reform, and law libraries.
Further affiliations and memberships include:
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association Executive Provincial Council (B.C.) (2000-2002)
- Commonwealth Law Association
- Systemic Bias Subcommittee of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Immigration Task Force, Ministry of Jobs, Tourism, and Innovation (2011)
- House of Commons Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration
- Tariffs Committee, Legal Services Society of British Columbia
- Surrey Delta Immigrant Services Society
- Indo-Canadian Business Association
Awards and Honours:
- Narindar and Ajeet Kang appointed Queen’s Counsel by Lieutenant-Governor in Council, on recommendation of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice of British Columbia
- Narindar Kang recipient of the Head of the Public Service Award from the Government of Canada (2003)
- Narindar Kang recipient of the Human Rights Advocacy Award (1996)
- Narindar Kang recipient of the Law Students’ Legal Advice Society Award of Excellence (1996)
- Kang and Company recognized by the Surrey School District for contributions to Career Education Programs
- Kang and Company recognized by local sports clubs for contributions